The MD Changelog
What's new in MD? Browse through the archives to see the full history and changes of each version release. Fun fact: There have been over 84 new releases of Marketers Delight since 2015!
Sort by year: All ·
Marketers Delight 4.9.5 2 changes
Released: September 6, 2019 | read announcement →
- New: Integrate your MailerLite email form data into the MD Integrations panel to place code-free email optin forms throughout your site.
- Fixes an issue that prevents integration panels from opening/closing after import.
Marketers Delight 184.108.40.206 3 changes
Released: August 24, 2019 | read announcement →
- Books on Bookshelf page now load in random order
- Make changes and tweaks to the popup that shows book details on the Bookshelf. Instructions on how to override the bookshelf popup template in the link attached
- Use the
count attribute in the book shortcode to change how many books show (defaults to 6 books)
Marketers Delight 220.127.116.11 1 change
Released: August 23, 2019 | read announcement →
- Ensures ActiveCampaign outputs https:// form URLs (after updating, refresh AC data in MD > Integrations)
Marketers Delight 18.104.22.168 5 changes
Released: July 5, 2019
- Adds spacing to top of blog teasers on mobile
- Adds textdomain path to style.css
- Fixes searchform translation string
- Moves Page Leads into proper hooks if shown "after header"
- Minor CSS tweaks
Marketers Delight 4.9.4 24 changes
Released: June 3, 2019 | read announcement →
- New: Enable WooCommerce integration from the MD > Features Manager panel!
- Adds layout and style integration with WooCommerce
- Bonus WooCommerce features including the Header shopping cart, Minimal Checkout, and more!
- New: Remove unused Plugin scripts on a page by page basis from the Tracking Scripts meta box
- Revamped CSS compiler, introducing CSS Templates
- New: Improved CSS handling for Dropins, MD will now remove CSS from Dropins you disable from the Features Manager
- MD now loads it stylesheets after Plugins so you can more easily override their styles from your child theme
- Set the default featured image position programmatically with the new
video_lead_hook_bottom to programmatically add content after the video in Video Leads
- Vertically centers the featured image background cover image
- Fixes potential layout break in MD Share inline buttons
- Fixes broken Like button on posts without any post meta saved
- Fixes current admin menu indicator on MD Settings page
- New hook:
- Reoriented header and nav menu links for better vertical alignment and spacing adjustments
- Fixed alpha color picker control in Customizer
- Fixed missing email form popup from Main menu Hotspot
- Redesigned header for better vertical alignment, left-direction header dropdown
- Adjusted various MD Site Design settings
- Template files changed:
- New hook:
- New hook:
.header-wrap CSS class to
.header (update in child themes)
.header-menu-wrap CSS class (update in child themes)
Marketers Delight 4.9.3.x 3 changes
Released: April 5, 2019
- Fixes potential bug that moved headline out of the Full Header Cover area
- Vertically centers Full Header cover featured image with CSS
- Fixes save issue that prevented select boxes from saving in repeatble fields
Marketers Delight 4.9.3 11 changes
Released: April 1, 2019 | read announcement →
- New: Content Upgrade Gutenberg Block
- New: Callout Gutenberg Block
- New: Bouncing Arrow Gutenberg Block
- Improved MD Blocks API for faster Block development
- Reorganized Email Form Block settings for easier usage
- Opens all MD Blocks settings on active click
- Improved Blocks Editor styles
- Introduced Font Icons Library that makes use of the new
md_icons() data array
- Theme files reorganization
- Resolves a potential warning message that shows when saving categories
add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode' ); to MD by default (can remove from child themes)
Marketers Delight 4.9.2.x 3 changes
Released: March 11, 2019
- Fixes warning message when MD share is not active on the Stream
- Fixes minor PHP7 warning message when posting to the Stream
- Fixes a glitch that will prevent popups from showing in Customizer.
Marketers Delight 4.9.2 21 changes
Released: February 20, 2019
- New: A Like button has been added to MD Share! Activate on any post, page, or custom post type
- New: The Stream gets a total redesign! New layout, sidebar, page title, and many tweaks
- New: Configure settings from the new Stream settings panel
- New: Add a LinkedIn share button to MD Share
- New: Change the style of your share buttons from Bold to Minimal!
- Google+ share icon has been disabled by default in MD Share
- The email share button now shows a
mailto link by default, can still override with popup if chosen
- MD Share removed text labels
- Removed HTML character codes from showing in share button URLs
- Default font set to Helvetica Neue
- Adjusted typography to calculate better mobile font sizes
- Responsive header menu + button improved spacing
- Added new font icons to the MD Icons library
- Updated social media icons to more modern icons
- Fixes email widget warning messages on save
- Adds author box to top of Author archives page
- Content Box markup altered for more flexible layouts
- Content Box CSS classes removed:
- Template files changed:
- Gutenberg editor enhancements
- File reorganization and code cleanup
Marketers Delight 22.214.171.124 2 changes
Released: February 9, 2019
- Fixes error that prevents repeatable fields from saving on
- Hides empty popup overlay from showing on Customizer screens
Marketers Delight 126.96.36.199 1 change
Released: February 7, 2019
- Fixes broken meta box layout on category pages (Page Leads)
Marketers Delight 4.9.1 5 changes
Released: February 5, 2019
- New: Clean our your sites
head with the new Site Performance settings panel!
- New: MD main stylesheet file has been rewritten and highly optimized now loads 15KB less CSS per page load.
- New: WebFont loader performance update - less flash of invisible text!
- Minor Site Designer bug fixes
Marketers Delight 188.8.131.52 1 change
Released: January 31, 2019
- Prints title + tagline custom settings to design stylesheet
Marketers Delight 184.108.40.206 1 change
Released: January 24, 2019
- Fixes PHP warning messages when generating MD's
design.css file on install
Marketers Delight 4.9 23 changes
Released: January 11, 2019 | read announcement →
- New: The new Pro Integrations panel makes connecting and managing 3rd party services/email providers easy from one interface
- New: Refresh your email integrations with a simple "Refresh" button!
- New: Connect to multiple email services at a single time with the Pro Integrations panel
- New: Always have the ability to use custom HTML form codes from email form settings
- New: Email Forms admin interfaces redesigned for simpler usage
- New: The MD Design system will now sync to your Gutenberg editor so you can preview the same fonts, widths, and frontend styles in the Blocks Editor!
- New: Add versatile email signup forms throughout the new post editor with the new Email Signup Form Block
- New: Primary and Secondary color pickers added to the Site Design panel
- New: Google Analytics tracking code integrations now part of the MD Integrations panel
- New: "Design Tools" settings panel renamed to "Advanced" on MD settings page
- New: Combat the flash of unstyled text with custom webfonts with the new Webfonts loader in the Advanced settings panel
- New: Typekit settings moved to new Integrations panel
- Fix: Removed z-index stacking on Stream template (fixes nav menu hiding underneath Stream))
- Fix: Fixed Popup redirect screen broken link when closing out Popups Customizer editor
- Fix: MD Admin "Settings" tab now shows active state when on main settings page
- Fix: Fixed broken parameters in md_email shortcode
- Improved: Removed email form from 404 page
- Improved: Changed search input label to more mobile-friendly "Search this website" text
- Improved: Removed oftentimes redundant "Visit website" link from Author box
- Improved: Removed MD4.7 updater from core, now available as Drop-in
- Improved: Massive file reorganization and code cleanups
- Fix: Make sure Content Spotlight title text is always white
- Improved: New text color option on email form widget
Marketers Delight 220.127.116.11 1 change
Released: December 10, 2018
- Moves Page Leads set to load after the header to the
Marketers Delight 4.8.6 11 changes
Released: December 8, 2018
- New:a You can now upload a secondary logo for use in alternate color schemes on your site.
- New: Adds a direct link to the Site Design customizer options from the MD admin menu.
- Adds the most basic support for new Gutenberg editor in WordPress 5.0 (more enhancements coming soon).
- Simplifies up
z-index stacking so elements like the nav menu do not hide underneath other layout elements.
- Improves the underlying Featured Image Position settings and fixes display bugs on category pages.
- Fixes a bug to now show Featured Image captions on any position.
- Teaser layout adjustments for better spacing and responsiveness.
- You can now change the color of the mobile menu trigger from the Site Design settings (Header Menu Link color).
- Fixed broken color picker option in Customizer
- New hooks:
- Various spacing adjustments and internal file reorganization.
Marketers Delight 18.104.22.168 2 changes
Released: December 3, 2018
- Fixes media uploader in Testimonial widget
- Refines check to better detect custom sidebars
Marketers Delight 22.214.171.124 2 changes
Released: November 28, 2018
- Fixes bug where featured image covers load the wrong image size ('large' to 'md-full')
- Modifies the
md_filter_content_text_classes filter for simpler usage (see support thread)
Marketers Delight 126.96.36.199 1 change
Released: November 25, 2018
- Fixes broken media uploader on Content Spotlight and Testimonial widget
Marketers Delight 188.8.131.52 3 changes
Released: November 18, 2018
- New: Use the
[book] shortcode to embed books anywhere on your site!
- Bookshelf file and code reorganization
- Bookshelf display improvements
Marketers Delight 184.108.40.206 1 change
- A simple but important enough performance update - restricts checking for the latest MD version to the MD admin settings and Themes screen.
Marketers Delight 220.127.116.11 5 changes
Released: November 17, 2018
- This is a bug fix/improvement update for MD4.8.5 (see details below)
- New: Added bookshelf template to the Stream
- Bookshelf frontend template improvements
- Bookshelf admin/code reorganization
.block-half-top CSS helper class
Marketers Delight 4.8.5 8 changes
Released: November 15, 2018
- New: Build your own library of books on your site with The Bookshelf. Click "Enable Bookshelf" from the Features Manager to get started!
- New: Regenerate
design.css file and flush your site's permalinks each time you save the MD settings admin.
- New: Query string at end of assets URL now shows time up to the second for maximum cache-busting impact.
- Improved: Styled the image popups in the Stream to have a black background and center-align images
- Improved: Added
strong tag to list of allowed HTML tags to save on text fields
- Improved: Adjusted teaser headline font size for better readability
.block-half-tb helper CSS class
md-book uploaded image size (180x270)
Marketers Delight 18.104.22.168 3 changes
Released: November 7, 2018
- Ensures email form from MD > Email Forms > Show on all posts ONLY shows on blog posts
- Ensures post editor admin scripts only get loaded on edit action screen
- Fixes potential PHP7.2 error notices when using
get_the_excerpt() on save